Join the club for plumbing and heating industry professionals
The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) is a membership body for those involved in all aspects of the plumbing and heating industry. The CIPHE has members worldwide and is the only chartered, professional body for the UK plumbing and heating sector. The CIPHE aims to help members be the very best they can be, providing access to technical, training and professional development support.
Membership benefits, services and offers
CIPHE membership offers a number of exclusive benefits, services and discounts, that you won't find anywhere else. Tailor made to help members develop both their knowledge and expertise, while also developing their business skills, benefits include:
- Use of CIPHE logo and designatory letters after your name
- Access to CIPHE run schemes, awards and Continuing Professional Development
- Technical support and access to discounted publications
- Savings on services like professional insurance, van leasing and the Copronet platform.
Industrial suppliers & educators
Industrial Associates (IA) contribute a great deal to the CIPHE through educating members and supporting the Institute’s primary concern - raising standards. From products and services to training and supplies, you can search our Industrial Associate directory to find:
- Manufacturers and merchants
- Educational bodies, professional and industry associations
- Local authorities, water companies and fuel suppliers.
Giving your career a boost
The plumbing and heating industry offers diverse career paths, good wages and the opportunity to run your own business. Specialist plumbing and heating engineers are always in demand, so it's no surprise many aspire to join the industry. Career opportunities include:
- Working on the tools as either an employee or business owner
- Entering into design, research and development or public health engineering
- Entering into consultancy or higher management
- Diversifying into manufacturing or even teaching.
The CIPHE doesn't work in isolation in the plumbing and heating industry. There are a network of organisations working throughout the construction sector to help further the position of installers. The CIPHE collaborates with a wide range of organisations including:
- The Engineering Council UK
- The Construction Industry Council (CIC)
- World Plumbing Council (WPC)
- Worshipful Company of Plumbers (WCP).