Low Temperature Heating and Hot Water Systems in Dwellings qualification
The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE), the Heat Pump Association, LCL Awards, manufacturers and industry professionals, have collaborated to develop the Ofqual-accredited, Low Temperature Heating and Hot Water Systems in Dwellings qualification.
With renewable systems coming to the fore, the objective of the new qualification is to teach professionals to both design and install low temperature heating and hot water systems. With this new qualification, installers will have the knowledge, competence and confidence to install technologies, that may have previously felt quite unfamiliar.
At the end of the 2-day course learners will:
- Be aware of the latest industry standards and regulatory framework relating to heating design
- Know the requirements for undertaking room-by-room heat loss calculations
- Understand how to correctly size heat emitters
- Know how to correctly size pumps and pipework
- Understand how to correctly size a domestic hot water system
- Be familiar with the basic design principles of system configurations.
When delivered as a stand-alone course, the qualification will be open to anyone in the industry (CIPHE members and non-members), who can prove pre-existing knowledge and competence in heating systems, via qualifications (N/SVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent), or experience installing wet central heating systems, evidenced with membership of a competency scheme e.g. GasSafe OFTEC, MCS or HETAS or manufacturer course certification.
N/SVQ Level 2/3 qualifications can be in:
- Heating and ventilating (domestic)
- Heating and ventilating (industrial and commercial)
- Oil fired technical services
- Gas installation and maintenance.
Pre-requisite qualifications will not be required if the course is being delivered as part of an industry recognised qualification in any of the above.
This qualification is supported by the Low temperature heating and hot water systems in dwellingsqualification reference guide. It is available from the CIPHE bookshop at a cost of £50.00. Please visit the CIPHE bookshop to find out more.
Where are courses being held?
Courses are being held across the UK in both private training centres and at manufacturer training facilities.
How do I find a training course?
You can find a course online using the LCL Awards website, by phoning 020 8839 2439 or emailing enquiries@LCLawards.co.uk
To find a course near you, visit the LCL Awards website and:
1) Type in your postcode.
2) Select Renewables for the sector.
3) Then select the LCL Awards Level 3 Award in Low Temperature Heating and Hot Water Systems in Dwellings. A list of the closest training centres will appear.
4) Click on a centre to view their contact details and follow up with the training centre directly to book.
Can this course help me gain further renewable qualifications?
This course will sit as a pre-requisite to the Heat Pump Association's own training courses and will help launch a number of new careers in the renewables sector.
Please visit the LCL Awards website where you can find out more about the qualification, costs and find a test centre near you. View the Low Temperature Heating and Hot Water Systems in Dwellings qualification.
Find a course near you
Visit the LCL Awards website where you can find out more about the qualification, costs and your local test centre.Visit LCL Awards
Find out about renewables
The CIPHE is encouraging homeowners and developers to consider sustainable alternatives to traditional heating and hot water systems where possible.View campaign
Approved Contractor Person
Approved Contractor Persons can self-certify plumbing supply work (domestic, commercial and industrial) that would otherwise have to wait for water company approval.Become an ACP