About the CIPHE
With over 7,500 members, we are the only Professional Body for the UK plumbing and heating industry
Membership is made up of:
- Individual members include installers, consultants, specifiers, designers, public health engineers, lecturers, trainers and trainees.
- Organisation members range from manufacturers to merchants and from charities to public bodies
- Approved Training Centre recognition for public and private providers of accredited plumbing and heating education.
The CIPHE is a Professional Engineering Institute (PEI), licensed to the Engineering Council and able to assess and award professionally registered status:
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- Engineering Technician (EngTech).
The CIPHE is also a registered charity (Charity number: 1124517 ) with the purpose to protect the health and safety of the public through a strong qualified membership that is reinforced by their competency and technical expertise. To create technical excellence so the public will receive the benefit of a protected environment and enhanced sustainability with improved safety and health.
Code of Professional Standards
Find out more about the CIPHE Code of Professional Standards and the independent process members volunteer to abide by.Find out more
Aims and objectives
Discover the aims and objectives of the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering.Find out more
Want to know what's going on in the plumbing and heating industry or to tell people about your own event?Find out more
CIPHE Regional Branches
Explore the work of our Branch network and discover if there's a local branch active in your area.Find out more
The CIPHE formed in 1906, but it's origins can be traced back through history.Find out more
Board of Trustees
The CIPHE Board of Trustees plays a crucial role in our work. Find out what it does and how it operates.Find out more
Corporate Documents and Reports
From the Strategic Plan and Annual Report & Accounts to Byelaws and Regulations, our work and our role is clearly documented and defined.Find out more