The Government has set out ambitious plans to decarbonise heating in the UK. As part of these plans they aim to be installing 600,000 heat pumps every year from 2028.
Ensuring that heat pumps operate correctly and are installed to maximise efficiency will be a vital step in ensuring the roll out is successful. An often overlooked element of the installation process is the correct hot water cylinder specification, selection and sizing.
The Hot Water Association (HWA) have developed a comprehensive training course to help guide installers on best practice when selecting and specifying a hot water cylinder for heat pump installations.
The course covers:
- The Growth of the Heat Pump market
- Heat Pumps and hot water provision
- Hot water storage for heat pumps
- Pasteurisation and safety
- “Heat Pump Ready” systems
- “Stand Alone” Domestic Hot Water Heat Pumps
- Buffer vessels