The following areas will move into Tier 3 from 00.01hrs, Saturday 19 December 2020:
- the whole of Hertfordshire
- Surrey – with the exception of Waverley
- Hastings and Rother, on the Kent border of East Sussex and
- Portsmouth, Gosport and Havant in Hampshire
These areas are in addition to London, Essex and parts of Hertfordshire, that moved into Tier 3 on Wednesday 16 December.
Areas moving down Tiers as from Saturday are:
- Bristol and North Somerset will come out of Tier 3, into Tier 2, and
- Herefordshire will come out of Tier 2 and into Tier 1
A copy of the Heath Secretary’s statement of 17 December can be found here.
Financial support is available for businesses in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3:
- financial support for closed businesses as a result of tiering restrictions
- financial support packages for businesses
- claim for employee wages through Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- financial support if you’re off work because of coronavirus