Why join as an industrial associate?
Company and organisation membership types
Companies and organisations can join the CIPHE as either an:
- Industrial Associate
- Industrial Associate Approved Training Centre
- Approved Training Centre (College) Entry Level
- Approved Training Centre (College) Professional Level
The CIPHE is supported by some 150 Industrial Associates which includes many of the leading companies and organisations in the plumbing and heating industry.
The Industrial Associate category was established in 1973. It features some 150 organisations and includes many of the leading companies across the plumbing and heating industry. BAXI, Ideal Standard, Kohler Mira, Monument Tools, Thomas Dudley and Worcester Bosch, are just a few of the names supporting the Institute's aims and who contribute to the role of the industry's professional body.
Who can join as an Industrial Associate?
Applications to become an Industrial Associate can be made by companies and organisations that support the Institute's work including:
- Educational bodies (including Colleges of Further Education and private training providers)
- Local authorities
- Fuel suppliers
- Water companies
- Professional and industry associations, etc.
Advantages of becoming an Industrial Associate
- Use of the Institute logo - As an associate of the CIPHE, Industrial Associates are allowed use of the Institute logo to promote their support and commitment to the continued development of the plumbing and heating industry.
- P&H Engineering - The Institute's magazine provides space for all Industrial Associates. P&H Engineering occupies a unique place among industry publications with the highest 'paid for' circulation in the industry. Industrial Associates are given the opportunity to contribute technical articles, editorial for features and news updates. Industrial Associates are also eligible for a significant discount when advertising in the magazine. With the inclusion of the magazine website at pandhengineering.co.uk, content is given longer life and regular boosts across our digital channels.
- CIPHE's websites - The Institute’s website contains vast amounts of information aimed to help those in the industry, the public and the media. The website attracts thousands of visitors each month who search through its many different areas that included information on the CIPHE, its Industrial Associates, consumer advice, public health, a search facility to find Registered Professionals and a members only area. All Industrial Associates are listed alphabetically and by specialisms, cross-referenced in relevant areas across the site and and can have links to their own website(s). Access to member-only content is included for IA account main contacts.
- Technical Partnerships - Including co-branded and promoted webinars, hosted technical evening events, contributions to technical guidance and resources for members of the plumbing and heating industry and more. Industrial Associates can be connected with the installers and maintainers of their products and services to collaborate on providing higher quality outcomes for the industry's customers.
- Networking - network with companies and organisations via the CIPHE Industrial Associates' Development Group that meets at least three times a year.
- Preferential pricing and opportunities in working in partnership with the CIPHE on specific product and service focused content such as gamified, AR & VR, video and written CPD resources and guidance. Opportunities to include your company products in accredited CPD content are available.
- Strategic partnerships available with CIPHE Approved Training Centres (ATCs).
- Enhanced reputation - demonstrate a commitment to high plumbing standards through overt support of the Institute's charitable aims.
Costs of becoming an Industrial Associate
Costs to become an Industrial Associate supporter depend on annual turnover. There is a separate fee structure for those turning over above and below £2m annually.
Costs to become an IA Approved Training Centre are fixed across the board.
How to join
If you would like to become an Industrial Associate you can join online today