World Plumbing Council (WPC)
The World Plumbing Council (WPC) is an international organisation that aims to achieve the best possible plumbing for the world through growth and development of the world’s plumbing industries. The CIPHE is a member organisation of the WPC, helping to represent members’ views at an international level.
Aims and objectives
To achieve it’s Mission, the leadership team of the World Plumbing Council (WPC) has a powerful set of strategies:
Create a global network of plumbing industries
- This was the original idea behind the establishment of the WPC and it continues to be valuable for its members.
- The WPC has at least one organisational (Full or Affiliate) member in 41 countries.
- Full members are mainly national level plumbing industry associations and unions.
Support better design and governance of plumbing industries worldwide
- This is a recent major initiative by the WPC, termed the Four Pillars of Plumbing.
- WPC members learn from each other about managing the key dimensions of plumbing industries, such as entry of properly trained people and accountability for good quality services and products.
Continually improve the image of plumbing industries
- Primarily by promoting celebrations of World Plumbing Day globally.
Advance education and training in plumbing industries
- The WPC’s main contribution to education and training currently is its scholarship programmes, but the potential is much broader.
Act as a global level communications hub for plumbing industries
- Through its newsletter, social media and website channels.
- Progress plumbing research and innovation, in both technology and policy areas, such as the WPC research database and reports and policies on plumbing’s important role in public health and environmental sustainability.
- Contribute to community development projects in less developed countries.
- Helping those in need as part of the growth and development of the global plumbing industry, and pursue a ‘plumbing industry to plumbing industry’ approach to community development.
Work with CIPHE
The WPC is famous for running a number of global events and initiatives which are supported by the CIPHE, including World Plumbing Day, the World Plumbing Conference and the WPC scholarship:
World Plumbing Day
World Plumbing Day is an international event on March 11 every year, initiated by the World Plumbing Council as a means of highlighting the important role plumbing plays in the health, safety and sustainability of our community.
Find out about world plumbing day
World Plumbing Conference*
The WPC is organiser of the World Plumbing Conference, a three-day event that brings together industry professionals from across the globe with the intention of achieving the growth and development of the world’s plumbing industries.
Find out more about the world plumbing conference
The World Plumbing Council offers three scholarship opportunities annually. These are:
- The WPC Education and Training Scholarship for applicants from developed countries.
- The WPC Education and Training Scholarship for applicants from developing or least developed countries.
- The WPC United Association Instructor Training Program Scholarship for Trainers, Teachers or Instructors from developing or least developed countries.
Find out more about WPC scholarships
* Please note these activities may be currently suspended due to coronavirus
World Plumbing Council
Find out more about the work of the World Plumbing Council.Visit WPC website
World Plumbing Day 2021
On Thursday 11 March, professional plumbers across the land will be celebrated on World Plumbing Day.Find out more
Collaboration is key
Find out about the organisations and institutions the CIPHE works in collaboration with.View organisations