Which Trusted Trader
Get extra recognition
Become a Which? Trusted trader
You’re already a CIPHE member. But with the added endorsement of Which? Trusted Traders, you’re even more likely to stand out from the rest and boost your business.
Give your customers confidence
Which? Trusted Traders has teamed up with the CIPHE to help you get more recognition in the market.
The Which? Trusted trader logo sends out a strong signal to customers. It tells them they can be confident of receiving a good service from a reputable business, and it gives them the peace of mind that comes from having protection if things go wrong.
Which? Trusted Traders – part of consumer champion Which? – endorses traders all over the UK, and consumers from all over the UK are able to access our website for free to find traders they can trust.
“As a result of being a Which? Trusted trader we have had many direct contacts from customers engage us to work for them and also, with referrals from other accreditations we hold; the Which? Trusted trader status has helped us stand out against competitors to win the work. It’s a recognised brand that gives people assurances and peace of mind.” Gas Monster Ltd - Wayne Bell
Which? is trusted by consumers
People trust Which? because our recommendations carry weight. As the UK’s largest independent consumer association, we’ve been testing products and services and providing expert verdicts for more than 60 years.
You can count on our endorsement
Consumers value our Best Buy and Don’t Buy recommendations for products like boilers, cookers and washing machines – we also give them confidence in the way Which? Trusted Traders assesses and endorses traders.
Our icon means business
Not everyone can become a Which? Trusted trader. Our assessments are thorough, so if you pass and choose to become endorsed, you’ll be able to use the Which? Trusted traders endorsement logo to help you get the recognition you deserve. Plus, we’ll need to reassess your business every year to keep standards high.
Get another logo that consumers trust
Display the Which? Trusted Traders endorsement logo on your website, vans, clothing, invoices and more. Use it next to your CIPHE logo for more impact with consumers.
All Which? Trusted traders also get:
A profile on our site
Attract new customers. Create a photo gallery to showcase your best work and ask customers to leave reviews.
A dedicated account manager
A friendly voice on the phone to answer your questions and help you make the most of being a Which? Trusted trader.
Help resolving complaints
Customers can access an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service if there’s a dispute.
Essential industry news
Helpful pointers on aspects of the regulations that affect your business.
A Which? subscription
Full access to which.co.uk, including our Best Buy boiler report and thousands of product reviews, plus Which? magazine delivered monthly to your business.
How to get endorsed
- Answer a few quick questions to check you’re eligible.
- Complete your application over the phone or online.
- Pay a one-off assessment fee that’s not refundable
2 Get assessed
Two business days after receiving your application we’ll:
- Get a credit report to check the financial health and trading history of your business, and to run a few background checks
- Call you and ask for any documents we need to see
- Book in your assessment to be completed within 10-14 days
- Possibly request a DBS check
- Randomly select 10 of your customers for references about your work.
3 Get endorsed
14 business days later our head assessor examine the facts and decide whether to endorse your business or not. Get endorsed and your assigned account manager will:
- Show you how to make the Which? Trusted trader endorsement logo work for you Give you access to our site so you can create your profile and start receiving reviews from your customers
- Set up your monthly membership and fee
*Offer for CIPHE Installers is 50% off the Which? Trusted Traders membership fees for six months. An initial assessment fee applies and is non-refundable. Offer valid until 31st March 2019.
Get extra recognition and stand out from the rest
When customers see the Which? Trusted Traders logo, they know they’re choosing a business they can count on. It pays to be a Which? Trusted trader.
Call us on 0117 981 2929 and quote PA-PARTWEB or request a call back from the team via the link below.
9am to 5pm. Standard call rates apply.
The cost of applying depends on the size of your business. If you have fewer than 19 employees the assessment fee is £200 + VAT. Get endorsed and your Which? Trusted trader membership fee starts from £48 a month + VAT. There is a 50% discount on the first 6 months of being Endorsed as a Which? Trusted Trader.
Terms and Conditions
- This offer is open to members of the CIPHE (“eligible applicants”).
- Eligible applicants wishing to take up the offer must apply to be assessed by calling 0117 456 6031 before midday on 31st March 2019.
- The Which? Trusted Traders (WTT) assessment process includes a visit from a Trading Standards assessor. As part of the assessment process Which? will review the eligible applicant’s business documentation, business practices, complaints handling processes, and a selection of customer references and as well as undertaking a credit report on the eligible applicant’s business. For further details of the WTT assessment process, please call 0117 981 2929.
- The assessment costs £200 + VAT for businesses of up to 19 employees, which is a one-off fee. If an eligible applicant passes the WTT assessment process and decides to join the WTT scheme they will be entitled to 50% off the standard WTT membership rates that apply for the first 6 months, providing they remain a member of the CIPHE. If an eligible applicant ceases to be a CIPHE member, the discounted rate will cease to apply from the date the eligible applicant ceased to be a CIPHE member. Membership fees vary depending on the size of the business. For further details of the current WTT membership rates, please call 0117 981 2929.
- Membership of the WTT Scheme is at all times subject to compliance with all WTT Scheme terms and conditions, (including the WTT Code of Conduct), and payment of applicable fees