Top reasons for being a CIPHE member
A new year means a time to try new things or to continue on with the good habits we’ve made in the year before. January also marks the start of a new membership year for the CIPHE. So if you are new to all things CIPHE, or a long standing member who hasn’t yet got round to paying this year’s fee, what can you expect from the year ahead? We give you nine good reasons why being a CIPHE member matters:
1) CIPHE members have use of the logo*. If you want to stand out as a professional against your competition, this is the logo to have. Membership proves you hold all the relevant qualifications and experience to do a good job. Wear that logo with pride as it can help bring in new customers and enhance your already good reputation.
2) The CIPHE’s Approved Contractor Person Scheme (APC Scheme) is part of the WaterSafe Installer scheme. Become an ACP and reach more potential customers by having your business promoted not only by the CIPHE, but also by WaterSafe too.
3) And don’t forget that CIPHE members have free access to online CPD via www.ciphepd.org.uk, so you can keep up to date with the latest in the industry and gain valuable CPD points without even leaving your living room. The CPD site boasts over 200 modules, with even more in development!
4) Take advantage of a wide range of training courses from Industrial Associates.
5) And access the new Techtalk, Techtalk Live and Smarttalk Live technical webinars and educational articles, covering a wide rage of ‘need to know’ subjects.
6) Join the directory database for a small annual fee. Consumers trust CIPHE members. Your details have the potential to be viewed via the CIPHE website by hundreds of people looking for a professional tradesperson in the area you cover. Head office will also give your details out to potential customers via phone and email too – it’s all part of the service.
7) CIPHE membership can save you money! UIB Ltd is offering preferential rates on insurance to members.
8) You also get these great things with membership too:
- Designatory letters after your name*
- The opportunity to be entered on the Register of Plumbers (RP) and the Register of Heating Professionals (RHP)
- The chance to get your voice heard on key matters as the CIPHE represents your views to influence Government, Industry and the public
- Read the bi-monthly p&he Journal
- Take a route to register with the Engineering Council as an Engineering Technician, Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer
- Likewise membership can lead to Licentiateship of the City & Guilds of London Institute
- Want to take your professional standing even further? Apply for the Master Plumber Certificate (Journeyman and Apprentice Certificates also available).
9) AND you can even claim tax relief on the full membership fee too!
To renew, follow the instructions on your renewal letter or get in touch with email@example.com
Find out how to join.
*Certain membership categories only