Top 10 tips for making the most of your CIPHE membership
January doesn’t just mark the start of the New Year, it’s also membership renewal time for existing CIPHE members too. Looking back over 2017, how many of us have been guilty of paying our subs and not making the most of our membership benefits? We know life sometimes gets in the way, but make sure you get 2018 off to a cracking start by making the most of your 2018 benefits:
1) CIPHE members have use of the logo*. If you want to stand out as a professional against your competition, this is the logo to have. Membership proves you hold all the relevant qualifications and experience to do a good job. So put your logo on your van (stickers are available from Head Office), your stationary, invoices and all the paperwork you produce. Wear that logo with pride as it can help bring in new customers and enhance your already good reputation.
2) The CIPHE’s Approved Contractor Person Scheme (APC Scheme) is part of the WaterSafe Installer scheme. If you hit the criteria you can join the ACP scheme for FREE and gain FREE registration with WaterSafe too! Reach more potential customers by having your business promoted not only by the CIPHE, but also by WaterSafe.
3) And don’t forget that CIPHE members have free access to online CPD via www.ciphepd.org.uk, access to techtalk, smarttalk and the soon to be launched techtalkVR and techtalkCPD videos too. So you can keep up to date with the latest in the industry and gain valuable CPD points without even leaving your living room.
4) Talking of CPD, the mycareerpath Professional Development System is an online tool for CIPHE members to plan, evaluate and record professional development.. It is also aligned with the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) for EngTech, IEng and CEng. This means that those working towards Engineering Technician, Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer status can use mycareerpath to measure and track progress against the competence statements.
5) Take advantage of a wide range of discounted training courses from Industrial Associates.
6) Access the TenderSpace platform at a hugely discounted rate. CIPHE members can gain a 75% discounton annual subscription, paying just £70 for the first year (the normal annual cost is £280) including 20 credit checks, which alone are worth well in excess of £100.
7) Join the directory database for a small £50.00 annual fee. Consumers trust CIPHE members. Your details have the potential to be viewed via the CIPHE website by hundreds of people looking for a professional tradesperson in the area you cover. Head office will also give your details out to potential customers via phone and email too – it’s all part of the service.
8) CIPHE membership can save you money! UIB Ltd is offering preferential rates on insurance to members, with excellent rates on Public Liability Insurance.
9) You also get these great things with membership too:
- Designatory letters after your name*
- The opportunity to be entered on the Register of Plumbers (RP) and the Register of Heating Professionals (RHP)
- The chance to get your voice heard on key matters as the CIPHE represents your views to influence Government, Industry and the public
- Read the bi-monthly p&he Journal
- Take a route to register with the Engineering Council as an Engineering Technician, Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer
- Likewise membership can lead to Licentiateship of the City & Guilds of London Institute
- Want to take your professional standing even further? Apply for the Master Plumber Certificate (Journeyman and Apprentice Certificates also available).
10) AND you can even claim tax relief on the full membership fee too!
To renew, follow the instructions on your renewal letter or get in touch with email@example.com
*Certain membership categories only