It’s that time of year again. The start of the New Year marks the start of a new membership year for the CIPHE. While none of us like parting with money, especially on these grey January days, did you know that your membership fee entitles you to a host of benefits which can save you £100s of pounds throughout the year? Suddenly parting with your fee is looking a little brighter, let us take you through what we have to offer:
1) Use of the logo*. Now this one is the ‘biggie’ if you want to stand out as a professional against your competition. Membership proves you hold all the relevant qualifications and experience to do a good job. Wear that logo with pride as it can help bring in new customers and enhance your already good reputation.
2) The CIPHE’s Approved Contractor Person Scheme (APC Scheme) is part of the WaterSafe Installer scheme. Become an ACP and reach more potential customers by having your business promoted not only by the CIPHE, but also by WaterSafe too.
3) And don’t forget that CIPHE members have free access to online CPD via www.ciphepd.org.uk, so you can keep up to date with the latest in the industry and gain valuable CPD points without even leaving your living room.
4) Take advantage of a wide range of training courses from Industrial Associates.
5) Join the directory database for a small annual fee. Your details have the potential to be viewed by hundreds of people looking for a professional in their area – it’s a valuable form of advertising for a small yearly fee.
6) If you run into legal trouble, our helpline offers free initial telephone advice.
7) Membership entitles you to discounts on Contractors Liability Insurance.
8) Need a bit of help with all things financial? Guess what, CIPHE membership also offers independent financial advice.
9) Need a break away from it all? Take advantage of your members’ discount on hotel leisure breaks.
10) You also get these great things with membership too: Designatory letters after your name*; opportunity to be entered on the Register of Plumbers (RP) and the Register of Heating Professionals (RHP); the opportunity to get your voice heard as the CIPHE influences Government, Industry and the public; the bi-monthly p&he Journal; a route to register with the Engineering Council as an Engineering Technician or Incorporated Engineer; you may be eligible to obtain the Master Plumber Certificate (Journeyman and Apprentice Certificates also available); and access to online members only area which also contains technical information.
Want to find out more about the benefits of renewing or if you are new to CIPHE the benefits of joining? Visit our join the CIPHE section and don’t forget, the membership is what you make it, so ensure you are getting the most of your fee by using it to the max.
*Certain membership categories only