Be Bright – Stay Safe
CIPHE is happy to support UK Power Networks launch of its ‘Be Bright Stay Safe’ campaign, designed to reduce the number of electrical network incidents that take place across its network each year.
Be Bright Stay Safe seeks to:
- Raise awareness of the risks of the distribution network
- Increase understanding of how to work safer around the network
- Motivate people who work around or may come into contact with the distribution network to adopt safe behaviours
- Promote partnership working to share, encourage and promote positive safety conversations
- Reduce the number of incidents associated with the electricity network
- Support and endorse ‘Everyone has the right to go home safe after a day’s work’
The UK Power Networks stated, “We are committed to the safety of our staff and customers. Coming into contact with the electricity network results in serious injuries or even fatalities. This has a far reaching and devastating effect on family, friends and colleagues.
Our campaign aims to support safe working, promote safe behaviours and encourage the sharing of information and knowledge and highlight the real risks of coming into contact with electricity.”
How to get involved:
You can pledge to make a commitment to safety by downloading the Be Bright Stay Safe Pledge
You can watch the Be Bright Stay Safe video via YouTube
You can download the Be Bright Stay Safe trade safety leaflet too
And you can get involved via social media by using the hashtag #bebrightstaysafe and tweeting to @UKPowerNetworks