Building a Safer Future Consultation
The next phase of implementation for the Hackitt review has arrived and there is a consultation phase running between 6th of June and 31st of July 2019.
The consultation seeks views on proposals for a new system of building and fire safety, with a particular focus at this stage on fire and structural safety in England.
The proposal is that the new building safety regime will be for buildings that are:
- lived in by multiple households; and
- 18 metres high (6 storeys) or more
The CIPHE is seeking the views of our members for inclusion in a response on behalf of the plumbing and heating industry. If you would like to contribute towards this, please send your considered opinions to Jerry Whiteley, Technical Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5thJuly.
As a Plumber/Heating engineer, how might the changes affect you?
Below are some possible examples:
- The changes to the use of certain types of materials in the construction process
- Pipe routes and how they provide fire protection
- Use of heat equipment
- Insurance premiums
- Accountability of your design and installation
- Impact of continued service and maintenance requirements
- Supplying adequate water for fire fighting
- Competency to carry out the work
Listed below are several links to related consultation documents: