Industrial Associate Network
Industrial Associates (IA) contribute a great deal to the CIPHE through educating members and supporting the Institute’s primary concern - raising standards of plumbing and heating engineering. With the help of IAs the Institute offers a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses and technical events, publishes technical literature and the bi-monthly P&HE magazine. The Institute also runs its government endorsed Approved Contractor Person scheme and the highly successful Master Plumber Certificate.
Who can join as an Industrial Associate?
The Industrial Associate category was established in 1973. It has some 260 organisations and includes many of the leading companies in the plumbing and heating industry. Hepworth, Worcester Bosch, Armitage Shanks and Hudevad Britain are just a few of the names supporting the Institute's aims and who are identified with the industry's professional body.
Application to become an Industrial Associate can be made by companies and organisations which support the Institute's work. Candidates may be manufacturers, merchants, consultants, educational bodies (including Colleges of Further Education and private training providers), local authorities, fuel suppliers, water companies, professional and industry associations, etc.
Advantages of association
- Use of the Institute logo - As an associate of the CIPHE, Industrial Associates are allowed use of the Institute logo to promote their support for the body.
- Plumbing & Heating Engineering - The Institute's journal profiles all new Industrial Associates. P&HE magazine occupies a unique place among industry publications and has an audited circulation of around 13,000. Industrial Associates are also given the opportunity to contribute technical articles or editorial for features. Industrial Associates are eligible for a discount when advertising in the magazine.
- CIPHE's websites - The Institute’s website contains vast amounts of information aimed to help those in the industry, the public and the media. The website has around 1500 visitors a day who search through its many different areas that included information on the CIPHE, its Industrial Associates, consumer advice, public health, forums, a search facility to find Registered Professionals and a members only area. All Industrial Associates are listed and can have links to their own website(s).
- Networking - network with companies and organisations in a non-commercial forum.
- Technical Evenings - Educate members, answer questions on installation and promote your products at Branch Technical Evenings (held throughout the UK).
- Continuing Professional Development - join the Institute's Continuing Professional Development Group which offers training courses to CIPHE members, via manufacturers and teaching establishments.
- Annual Conference - be a part of the most talked about event in the CIPHE calendar, support the Institute at the Annual Conference.
- Database - have access to the Institute's membership database, at a considerable discount.
- Enhanced reputation - demonstrate a commitment to high plumbing standards through overt support of the Institute's charitable aims.
If you would like to know more about becoming an Industrial Associate or would like to request an IA Pack please contact us on 01708 463108 or email email@example.com