Agreement to terms
1. Access to the Discussion Forum
In consideration of your use of the Discussion Forum, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Discussion Forum registration form; and
- maintain and promptly update your registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information is untrue, inaccurate not current or complete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your registration
- give your proper name (i.e. 1st name - 2nd name). CIPHE members ensure to use your designatory letters after your name e.g. John Smith ACIPHE RP.
3. Content posted to the Discussion Forum
You understand that all data, text, messages or other materials ('content') that are publicly posted or privately transmitted are the sole responsibility of the person from which the content originated. This means that you, and not the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering, are solely responsible for all content that you upload, post or email via the Discussion Forum. The views posted by others do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering. We do not control the content posted via the Discussion Forum and therefore do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content.
Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for content, including (without limitation) any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content including reliance on its accuracy or completeness. You also understand that by using our Discussion Forum and our site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
You agree that you will not use the Discussion Forum or any part of our site to:
- upload, post or email any content that is unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- upload, post or email any content that is repetitive, nor irrelevant to the plumbing industry.
- upload, post or email any content critical of specific organisations or their products or services. Responsible manufacturers operate a complaints procedure in accordance with a quality management system and can be contacted directly in the event of a complaint. Uploading such content may adversely affect your legal position and/or give rise to liability or financial exposure for you personally as well as the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering.
- harm minors in any way
- breach any applicable law or regulation
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, database right or other similar right of any party;
- impersonate any person or identity, falsely state or otherwise
- misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content
- harass another
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- upload, post or e-mail any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- upload, post or email any content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party;
- upload, post or email and unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post or email any content that contain computer viruses or any other computer code, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- violate any applicable national or international laws or regulations
Without prejudice we reserve the right to block or remove any material that offends these principles.
4. Right to erase messages and suspend access / sanctions
On being made aware of such breaches, the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering may ban, delete or prohibit any content that relates to those breaches or that we judge harmful to individuals or to the rights of the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering, or any of our affiliates, licensors or partners;
We reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary to prevent such breaches including the following:
- breaches we deem minor may simply result in receipt of a warning from email@example.com or
- breaches we deem serious may result in your automatic ban from the Discussion Forum and the site generally.
All incidents will be logged and our decision is final in all cases.
Any breaches may lead to us reporting your activities to your internet service provider, your employer, relevant authorities, or to legal action being taken against you, or both.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents or partners harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities including reasonable legal costs arising from any third party claim in relation to any content you upload, post or email through the Discussion Forum or the site, your use of the Discussion Forum and our site, or your breach of the provisions of these Terms. This indemnity may be enforced by an Indemnified Party in his own right and the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) 1999 shall apply.
6. General practice regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Discussion Forum service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that postings or other uploaded content will be retained or archived within this Discussion Forum, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an individual on the Discussion Forum and the maximum disk space that will be allotted on the Institute's servers on your behalf.
7. Suspension or modification of the Discussion Forum
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue the Discussion Forum (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
8. General protection
The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system whilst linked to this website.